|Botanical Name||Origin||Cultivation||Method of Extraction||Source||Note||Main Natural Constituents||Blends Well With|
|Myroxylon pereirae||El Salvador||Wildcrafted||Steam Distillation||Resin||Top||Benzoic acid, cinnamic acid, benzyl cinnamate, cinnamyl cinnamate.||Black pepper, ginger, jasmine, lavender, patchouli, petitgrain, rose, sandalwood, ylang ylang|
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Balsam Peru Essential Oil
Balsam Peru Essential Oil (Myroxylon pereirae) from El Salvador is aWildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil distilled from the Eco-Harvested resins.
Origin and Uses
Our Balsam Peru Essential Oil, unlike most of the products on the market that are sold under this name, is the true essential oil distilled from the resin of the Balsam Peru tree which is native to Central and South America. It has a wonderful almost vanilla-like aroma, flows nicely and has a warm amber color. It’s rich, warm fragrance is comforting and warming. In the past, Balsam Peru Essential Oil has been used in perfumes, creams and lotions, not only for it’s fragrance but for its antiseptic properties and to sooth dry or chapped skin and minor wounds.
Because it contains high percentages of esters, which are also found in Lavender essential oil, Balsam Peru Essential Oil has been claimed by aromatherapists to have a relaxing effect that helps to sooth feelings of stress and tension when diffused in small amounts through a low-output diffusing method.
Other types of Balsam Peru
Many other products sold as “Balsam Peru essential oil” are actually thick, liquid resinoids rather than true distilled essential oils. The color of these resinoids is very dark (almost black) and the aroma does not have much vanilla smell. Balsam Peru liquid resinoid is much cheaper to produce than the true Balsam Peru Essential Oil which we sell. Today, we know that the resinoid is a significant cause of sensitization reactions and should not be used on the skin.
- Warm and Dry
- Main Element = Fire
- Secondary Element = Metal
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
10ml, 15ml, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz